Saturday, March 19, 2011

216 diapers for .27 and a $100 gift card!

Yes, baby Ashley has arrived and I am quickly remembering how many diapers a newborn goes through a day.  Not to mention I am paranoid she will get a UFO (that is what my friend Jenny and I call UTIs b/c the bacteria are alien invaders down there).  Anyway, my diaper stockpile is running low so I scored a box of 216 size 1 Pampers Swaddlers for .27!  That includes 2 day shipping to my door.  How did I do it?  Well, a thoughtful friend of mine signed me up for a free subscription of Parents magazine.  These magazines have 20% off coupons and $10 off coupons for anything in the Amazon.com baby department.  Add in some other discounts offered by Amazon like "Subscribe and Save" and a couple free $5 Amazon giftcards from Swagbucks and voila...  huge box of Diapers for pennies. 

Then to make my day today, I get the mail and discover I won a $100 Rite Aid gift card just for shopping there.  Every purchase was an entry into a sweepstakes and I actually won.  I seriously walk away from that store with free stuff every week and just for going and getting my free stuff, I won a gift card.  

So, I am not bragging but just sharing some of the advantages I have received from couponing.  I honestly get super irritated when people say there are no coupons for stuff they need or it is just too much work.  Well, gas and grocery prices are rising and couponing is a great way to cut those costs back down.  Now, if you just don't want to spend the time couponing, that is fine.  Just don't whine to me about your grocery bill.  I bought 2 packs of yogurt, gallon of milk, strawberries, grapes, 12 pack of toilet paper and some cough drops for less than $2 this week.  Vent over.  Here is a sweet pic of Ashley:

1 comment: