Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fruity Birthday "Cake"

Happy Birthday to my mom!  Well, it is actually in a week, but we are celebrating today.  She had been working the new Weight Watchers plan and fruit is one of the things you can eat for "free."  (In moderation of course)  Anyway, she didn't want regular cake and I am working on losing the rest of my baby weight, too.  This is what I came up with...  a cake made entirely from fruit.  Well, as my blog title indicates, I copy ideas and don't usually come up with them on my own.  I initially saw a watermelon shark on pinterest.  (If you have never seen pinterest, stay away.  You will find your self pinning ideas for hours... addicting and fabulous!)  Then I went here and there are lots of carving ideas and instructions.  It is pretty easy.  I used a cookie cutter on the pineapple to make flowers.  Melon baller to do cantaloupe plus strawberries and grapes.  Take some bamboo skewers and start arranging.  Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment